Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 26, 2010

My Fave Ten 2010 Quotes, Personal and Political

Okay, it's not a real blog posting of my opinions ... but often, the things others say strike us, and they tell us more about ourselves than our own words.  So here are ten quotations from others in 2010, words that made me smile, laugh, frown, or ponder:


1. “Give me ambiguity, or give me something else.”

- Slogan I first heard from my dear friend Alden on SL


2. “When you teach us these things, it makes me think.  And when I think too much, I start to change.  So can I go to the restroom instead?”

- My student Mohammad, in a moment of frustration


3. “Of course I got you PlayStation!   Your apartment needs things for young men to do in it.”

- My mother, being a Yente because she thinks I’m a Yentl


4. “I disagree with you, but I’m pretty sure you’re not Hitler.”

- My cousin’s tee shirt for the John Stewart Rally in Washington


5. “Cosmic, stop quoting the Bible so much and talk so we can understand you!”

- Leader of a Christian sim in SL


6. “Don’t make me make a rule!”

- My boss, corralling kiddies


7. “Rush has such amazing experience.”

- Kathryn Rogers, 4th wife of Rush Limbaugh as of June (26 years his junior)


8. “From time to time, there are going to be things that occur that are Acts of God that cannot be prevented.”

- Texas Governor Rick Perry, speaking on oil rig mechanical fail safes failing in the Gulf


9. “We believe the Pope’s message on freedom through faith.”

- Newt Gingrich, after converting to the Catholic faith of 3rd wife Callista (23 years his junior)


10. “This is so nice.  Let’s do Christmas forever.”

- My Grandpa, to 1st wife Grandma (1 year his junior)


God bless, everyone, and embrace the coming year as 365 new opportunities to bring joy to others and the Gospel to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment